At Ascend, we bring the best of the health industry to the sports and fitness industry, and the general public. We want to remove the barriers keeping you from the best version of yourself. We are committed to quality physiotherapy service, as reflected in our clinic becoming the first in the state to be accredited under the new national Quality in Practice Standards. Most of our physiotherapists have attained postgraduate qualifications. We continue to provide elite sports Physiotherapy to WA’s best and have associations with WAIS, The Western Force, Rugby WA, High Performance Gymnastics, Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx and Athletics Australia.
From elite athletes to everybody, we invite you to achieve you peak at Ascend.
How are we different?
- Our appointments are longer than the industry standard
- Our focus is on specific, quality exercise rehabilitation relevant to your sport or goals
- Experienced, professional and passionate physiotherapists who are the forefront of contemporary physiotherapy practice and education. Most of our physios have returned to university and achieved a post-graduate qualification, making them an authority in their area. They are extremely skilled in difficult cases.
- We empower our patients. We give you long term self management strategies to put you in control
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists are highly trained in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of Neuromusculoskeletal (nerve, muscle, joint and bone) injuries. At Ascend our physiotherapists use acombination of individualised exercise therapy, load management, postural/movement retraining and manual (hands-on) therapy to manage most injuries as well as prevent them for reoccuring. If the physiotherapist also feels that you would benefit from the invlvement of other health care practitioners or scans, they are able to refer you appropriately.
The physiotherapy profession is evidence-based, which means we base our assessment and treatment on the latest research. Our physiotherapists undertake ongoing continuing professional education to keep up with the latest in sports medicine and injury management. Some of our physiotherapists are actively involved in teaching and research through Curtin University.
We recognize one of your biggest aims with physiotherapy is to understand what and why you are having problems.
At Ascend Physiotherapy we prioritise:
- Diagnosing what the problem is
- Identifying and explaining to you the underlying causes, so you know why you are having the issues
- Explaining how we will help you address these causes, not just treat the symptoms
- Supporting you beyond your consultation, from providing rehabilitation facilities for you to complete your exercises to email correspondence and cutting edge tracking procedures with your physiotherapist.
Ranging from $88 for a standard consultation to $150 for an extended consultation (complex cases or multiple issues)
There are many different forms of massage therapy, each aimed at decreasing pain and improving wellness. Our massage therapists work with a variety of bodies, from every-day people looking for relaxation to Olympic athletes looking to enhance their performance. In addition to tradition soft tissue manipulation our massage therapists also offer myofascial release and dry needling as adjunctive therapies.
· 30min $65
· 45min $75
· 60min $90
· 90min $120
· Private health rebate available from some funds.
Often the difference between a gold medal, personal best or finishing your goal is the ability to consistently train. Preventing injuries is the holy grail of Sports Medicine, it isn’t easy and that’s why we see the world’s best athletes still struggle. Minimizing injury risk involves a complex interaction between knowing the demands of the sport, knowing the athlete’s body and knowing the injury.
The Physiotherapists at Ascend will provide a comprehensive assessment of your movement/postural patterns, strength and flexibility and we will develop individualised programs to ensure your body meets the demands of your sport/goals.
We regularly perform athletic screening for some of WA’s top sporting organizations. Injury prevention is an evolving science. And Ascend physiotherapy is proud to be at the forefront of this.
We are athletes ourselves and we know your sport. At Ascend, we want to help you be better at your sport! We know what it takes for an athlete to run faster or longer, jump higher, kick further. It is a complex interaction between technique, power output, the way you move and your unique body type. By optimising these variables, we can help you achieve your peak.